Re: SKOS Implementation : LCSH

Ed,

This is a non-issue. Once there was one, but this has been resolved [1].

Either one is talking about HTML elements (which is likely a rare case) such
as the case with RDForms [2], in which it is perfectly ok and encouraged to
use @id values in @about, or one talks about things that are not part of the
HTML document (people, books or whatever) which yields simple patterns
avoiding conflicts. Take the following excerpt from the SCOVO specification
[3], for example, being a simple RDF schema defined in RDFa:

 <h3 property="rdfs:label">Item</h3>

typeof="rdf:Property">
    <h3>dimension</h3>
    An <a rel="rdfs:domain" href="#c-Item"
resource="http://purl.org/NET/scovo#Item">Item</a> <span
property="rdfs:label">has a dimension</span> <a rel="rdfs:range"
href="#c-Dimension"
resource="http://purl.org/NET/scovo#Dimension">Dimension</a>.

No magic involved. Just a careful selection of @href, @id and @resource. To
say it with a good old friend of mine: YES WE CAN! ;)

Please, let us not threaten people using RDFa if there is no reason for it.

Cheers,
      Michael

[1] http://esw.w3.org/topic/RDFa_vs_RDFXML
[2] http://esw.w3.org/topic/PushBackDataToLegacySourcesRDForms
[3] http://purl.org/NET/scovo

--
Dr. Michael Hausenblas
National University of Ireland, Lower Dangan,