Re: draft PR request

At 03:13 PM 6/1/2009 +0200, Guus Schreiber wrote:
>All,
>
>Here is the draft PR request for SKOS.

Looks good, Guus.  A few comments.

Needs to cite (e.g. by reference) the Abstract and Status of this Document
sections.  Proposed SOTD:

   This document is a W3C Proposed Recommendation published by the
   Semantic Web Deployment Working Group, part of the W3C Semantic Web
   Activity.  This document reflects editorial changes arising during
   the Candidate Recommendation review, summarized in the Changes
   section.  An implementation report documents known uses of SKOS
   during the Candidate Recommendation review period.  An updated
   SKOS Primer Working Draft is being published concurrently with this
   Proposed Recommendation.

   Comments on this document may be addressed to
   public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org. Please include the text "SKOS
   comment" in the subject line. All comments sent to that address
   are available in a public archive.

>Guus
>

>Director,
>
>The Semantic Web Deployment Working Group requests transition to Proposed Recommendation for
>
>    SKOS Simple Knowledge Organization System Reference
>    [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/CR-skos-reference-20090317/
>
>The updated editor's draft can be found at:
>
>    [2] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/reference/20090315/  (Revision 1.13)
>
>The record of the WG decision to requests this transition is at:
>
>    [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/05/19-swd-minutes.html#item03
>
>No substantive issues were raised during CR, though a few comments
>resulted in editorial clarifications to the specification. Changes from the
>Candidate Recommendation version are given in the "Changes"
>section of editors draft:
>
>    [4] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/reference/20090315/#changes

It would be good to cite the messages (or logged issues) that led
to these changes (e.g. issues 192, 218, and 219).  Strictly speaking
we could be asked for another Disposition of Comments report but
given the nature of these comments and the fact that the changes
are noted in the Changes section if we cite the messages and
issues in our transition request that ought to suffice.  The mention
of the issues serves as a response to the "Evidence that the document
has received wide review" portion of the transition request.

>There were no features at risk.
>
>The requirements have not changed since Candidate Recommendation.
>
>This specification has no normative references to W3C specifications
>that are not yet Proposed Recommendations.
>
>The Groups' implementation report [5] notes 27 implementations with
>a broad coverage of SKOS features.  All comments have received formal
>has therefore met the CR exit criteria.
>
>    [5] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/reference/20090315/implementation.html
>    [6] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues
>
>There have been no formal objections.
>
>There have been no changes to the patent disclosure pages since the
>transition to Candidate Recommendation. There are no open exclusion
>opportunities.

For the benefit of others reading our request, it would be good to
note that the Working Group intends to publish an updated
SKOS Primer Working Draft at the same time as this Proposed
Recommendation.  (In case they don't read the proposed SOTD above :)