Re: SKOS is a W3C Recommendation

It's been a humbling and rewarding experience to have been a part of this
group and I'm deeply grateful to have been invited to participate. Through
this long and involved process, I've developed a much greater appreciation
for the intellectual and technical rigor of the W3C standards process, and a
deeper understanding of how difficult it can be to develop an international
standard. This working group has engaged in honest debate, arguing
effectively and deeply without rancor; consistently maintained a sense of
humor, with equanimity and generosity; and worked very hard, especially the
editors, for a very long time. This achievement would not have been possible
without the clarity, coherence, professionalism, and hard work of the chairs
of the group, Guus Schreiber and Tom Baker, and the W3C representative,
Ralph Swick, keeping us on task and working consistently over many years
toward this announcement.

Well done.

Jon Phipps