W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > August 2009

meeting record: 2009-08-11 SWD WG telecon

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 13:25:11 -0400
Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20090811132310.05ca0318@127.0.0.1>
To: public-swd-wg@w3.org
The minutes of today's Semantic Web Deployment Working Group
telecon are now ready.  Thanks to Antoine for scribing.

  http://www.w3.org/2009/08/11-swd-minutes.html

A text snapshot follows.

----

                                SWD WG

11 Aug 2009

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Aug/0005.html

   See also: [3]IRC log, previous [4]2009-07-07

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/08/11-swd-irc
      [4] http://www.w3.org/2009/07/07-swd-minutes.html

Attendees

   Present
          Ralph Swick, Tom Baker, Diego Berrueta, Guus Schreiber,
          Antoine Isaac, Sean Bechofer, Ed Summers

   Regrets
          Alistair Miles

   Chair
          Guus

   Scribe
          Antoine

Contents

     * Topics
         1. Admin
         2. SKOS
         3. AOB
     * Summary of Action Items
     _____________________________________________________

Admin

   RESOLUTION: accept the [10]minutes of last telecon

     [10] http://www.w3.org/2009/07/07-swd-minutes.html

SKOS

   Guus: what's the status on the language label issues?

   Antoine: none of the solutions we proposed was judged acceptable by
   the I18N Group, per Felix Sasaki
   ... so long as the examples continued to use private language
   subtags
   ... the I18N Group is very reluctant to permit private language
   subtags

   <Guus>
   [11]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Aug/0001.h
   tml

     [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Aug/0001.html

   <Guus> proposed resolution

   Antoine: the last resolution [from 7 July] we proposed to was to
   modify the examples to be syntactically correct
   ... to modify the examples and add a warning that that use may not
   correspond to BCP
   ... but the I18N folk did not accept that proposal

   Guus: I'm happy with that

   Sean: I'm happy to go with Alistair's suggestion

   Tom: I also agree

   <Ralph> [12]discussion of symbolic labels

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#symbollabels

   Ralph: I'm ok with dropping it
   ... maybe we should hear from Margherita first
   ... There was a desire to use an appropriate mechanism for this
   ... if we remove the section from the spec we might frustrate these
   people who were counting on using this.

   Guus: I see five vocabularies that use notations
   ... in the implementation report

   Ralph: the mail from Margherita in January last year

   <Ralph> [13]Margherita's comments on symbolic labels (see 'section
   4.4')

     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jan/0150.html

   <Ralph> does AGROVOC use this private language mechanism?

   Ed: I remember this was before we had SKOS-XL on the table
   ... SKOS-XL might alleviate some of the problems

   Ralph: +1

   <Ralph> delete from "Usually a notation system does not have ..."
   through the end of Example 22.

   <TomB>
   [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Jul/0026.h
   tml - "move in your current time schedule to Recommendation"

     [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Jul/0026.html

   <Ralph> [15]original comment from I18N Core

     [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Jun/0040.html

   Guus: PROPOSED to resolve ISSUE-224 by deleting the final paragraph
   of section 6.5.4 (from "Usually a notation system does not have...")
   and example 22

   <Ralph> +1

   <edsu> +1

   RESOLVED to resolve ISSUE-224 by deleting the final paragraph of
   section 6.5.4 (from "Usually a notation system does not have...")
   and example 22

   ACTION: Alistair to respond to Felix and implement the changes
   resulting from our resolution to ISSUE-224 [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2009/08/11-swd-minutes.html#action01]

   Guus: consider timing w.r.t. Recommendation
   ... I saw some reference to 18 August

   Ralph: we ought to have a formal acceptance from I18N Core WG that
   they accept our resolution

   Guus: there's a practical question as the Primer needs small updates
   too

   Ed and Antoine: ok for 18 august

   ACTION: Ed and Antoine to provide before 17 august a pointer to the
   latest version [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2009/08/11-swd-minutes.html#action02]

   [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Jul/0022.h
   tml

     [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Jul/0022.html

   Is a list of editorial changes to respond editorial comments from
   Daniel Barclay

   <Ralph>
   [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Jul/0001.h
   tml

     [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Jul/0001.html

   There's consensus on the mail from Elliott Rusty Harold

   scribe: to keep to the singular of "note"

   ACTION: Antoine to send an answer to Elliott's mail [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2009/08/11-swd-minutes.html#action03]

   There was another mail from Daniel Barclay

   <Ralph> [21]ISSUE-226

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/226

   ACTION: Antoine to respond to Daniel Barclay's mail by the mail in
   [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Jul/0022.h
   tml [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2009/08/11-swd-minutes.html#action04]

     [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Jul/0022.html

   <Ralph> [24]SKOS Use Cases and Requirements

     [24] http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-ucr/

   <TomB>
   [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Apr/0109.h
   tml

     [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Apr/0109.html

   <TomB>
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/usecases/ucr-20090428.html

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/usecases/ucr-20090428.html

   <Ralph> [27]28 April SKOS UCR Editor's Draft

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/usecases/ucr-20090428.html

   ACTION: 2009-05-19: SWD WG to identify final version of Use Cases.
   [DONE]

   <scribe> -- DONE :
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/usecases/ucr-20090428.html

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/usecases/ucr-20090428.html

   ACTION: Ralph to publish the UC document as a group note at the time
   of recommendation [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2009/08/11-swd-minutes.html#action05]

   Tom: should we publish the implementation report?

   Guus: it's not part of our delivrables

   Sean: shall I remove the request for comments?

   Guus: yes

   ACTION: Sean to update the implementation report [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2009/08/11-swd-minutes.html#action06]

   <Ralph> specifically, the updates are to put a date of publication

   Tom: what happened with the re-map from the mapping spec?

   <Ralph> [31]redirections

     [31] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Aug/0011.html

   Tom: it is currently done

   ACTION: Ralph publish Antoine's new intermediate pages for legacy
   specs [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2009/04/21-swd-minutes.html#action11] [DONE]

     [32] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/21-swd-minutes.html#action11

AOB

   Guus: proposal: final proposal on august 25
   ... mainly to discuss SKOS community aspects

   <TomB> +1 to meet on 25 August

   Guus: so this should be our last telecon

   ACTION: Ben review RDFa Use Cases and propose transition to Group
   Note [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-swd-minutes.html#action02]
   [CONTINUES]

     [33] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-swd-minutes.html#action02

   if no progress till next time, it will be dropped

   <TomB> [34]http://www.w3.org/2009/07/07-swd-minutes.html#item03

     [34] http://www.w3.org/2009/07/07-swd-minutes.html#item03

   ACTION: Ralph to publish [35]http://berrueta.net/recipes-20090407/
   as a WG Note [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/02-swd-minutes.html#action07]
   [CONTINUES]

     [35] http://berrueta.net/recipes-20090407/
     [36] http://www.w3.org/2009/06/02-swd-minutes.html#action07

   Guus: meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Alistair to respond to Felix and implement the changes
   resulting from our resolution to ISSUE-224 [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2009/08/11-swd-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Antoine to respond to Daniel Barclay's mail by the
   mail in
   [38]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Jul/0022.h
   tml [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2009/08/11-swd-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: Antoine to send an answer to Elliott's mail [recorded
   in [40]http://www.w3.org/2009/08/11-swd-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: Ed and Antoine to provide before 17 august a pointer
   to the latest version [recorded in
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2009/08/11-swd-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Ralph to publish the UC document as a group note at
   the time of recommendation [recorded in
   [42]http://www.w3.org/2009/08/11-swd-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: Sean to update the implementation report [recorded in
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2009/08/11-swd-minutes.html#action06]

     [38] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Jul/0022.html

   [PENDING] ACTION: Ben review RDFa Use Cases and propose transition
   to Group Note [recorded in
   [44]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-swd-minutes.html#action02]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph to publish
   [45]http://berrueta.net/recipes-20090407/ as a WG Note recorded in
   [46]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/02-swd-minutes.html#action07]

     [44] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-swd-minutes.html#action02
     [45] http://berrueta.net/recipes-20090407/
     [46] http://www.w3.org/2009/06/02-swd-minutes.html#action07

   [DONE] ACTION: Ralph publish Antoine's new intermediate pages for
   legacy specs [recorded in
   [47]http://www.w3.org/2009/04/21-swd-minutes.html#action11]

     [47] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/21-swd-minutes.html#action11

   [End of minutes]
     _____________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [48]scribe.perl version 1.135
    ([49]CVS log)
    $Date: 2009/08/11 17:23:44 $

     [48] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [49] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 11 August 2009 17:25:56 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:31:57 UTC