Re: [Recipes] new editors' draft (proposed solution to ISSUE-193)

Diego,

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 04:13:06PM +0200, Diego Berrueta Muñoz wrote:
> A new editors' draft of the Recipes is available at [1]. There is just
> one change wrt the previous draft: recipes 3 to 5 and 3a to 5a have
> been updated as per my proposed solution to the content-negotiation
> problem [2]. In order to keep track of the issue, it has been raised
> in the Tracker as ISSUE-193 [3].
>
> A diff wrt to the current Note is available at [4], but it is
> difficult to read due to apparent limitations of the HTML Diff service.
> [1] http://berrueta.net/recipes-20090407/
> [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Feb/0068.html
> [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/193
> [4] http://berrueta.net/recipes-20090407/diff.html

Looking back through my notes and comparing with this draft, I was
trying to recall if we had properly addressed the question asked by
Ian Davis in February 2008:

> It's good to see this document being moved forward and I appreciate all
> the hard work put into it. I'd like to ask for a clarification in
> terminology though. The draft uses the term "vocabulary URI" in many
> places without defining it. I think there's potential for confusion
> between the URI of the vocabulary and the URI of the document describing
> the vocabulary. My sense is that the draft uses the term "vocabulary
> URI" to refer to the URI of the RDF document describing the vocabulary.
> I suggest that is made explicit by using a term like "vocabulary
> document URI"

As in the previous version, this version still says "throughout
this document, the expression 'vocabulary URI' can be
interpreted as 'vocabulary namespace URI'."

This seems especially relevant in light of our current
discussion about the SKOS ontologies, which we are referring to
as namespace documents.

Tom

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Feb/0000.html

--