Re: Question regarding owl:DeprecatedClass and owl:DeprecatedProperty

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 12:45:14AM -0800, Elisa Kendall wrote:
> A question has come up in the OWL working group as to whether or not
> anyone uses these constructs.  There is a proposal on the table to
> eliminate these from the language in OWL "1.1", in fact.
>
> If anyone can cite examples of where these constructs have been used and
> provide guidance on whether or not there may be an impact if they are
> removed from the language, we would appreciate the reference.

They are used in the SKOS Core Vocabulary Specification of
2005 [1,2], which also raises the issue of what to do with
deprecated legacy properties and classes in the current
revision of SKOS.

Tom

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-swbp-skos-core-spec-20051102/#deprecatedTitle
[2] http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core