Re: AW: AW: [SKOS] Transitive broader and ISSUE-56 (was The return of ISSUE-44 )

Hi Antoine,

Personally I'm starting to find it useful to think of SKOS 'Core' as
primarily supporting interoperability between different types of KOS
in a minimal way, much like 'Simple' Dublin 'Core'. Maybe this has
been obvious to everyone else, but many of our discussions seem to
make it hard for me to keep in mind. As you point out so well, SKOS
is infinitely extensible to support the 'local' needs of any KOS
without losing it's 'core' support of interoperability. It seems to
me that it's well worth emphasizing the points you make about
extensibility in section 4.7 in other sections of the document
wherever we've run up against a clear yet unrequited need for
extended semantics (like you did in section 2.3 for skos:broader) as
well as the introduction.

Your use of the phrase "core SKOS features" and this discussion make
me regret somewhat the loss of the 'Core' part of SKOS Core.

--Jon

BTW the link to section 4.4 in section 4.7 actually links to section 2.3