W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > April 2008

Minutes from 2008-04-01 telecon

From: Sini, Margherita (KCEW) <Margherita.Sini@fao.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 09:30:39 +0200
To: public-swd-wg@w3.org
Message-id: <BA453B6B6B217B4D95AF12DBA0BFB669037A04D3@hqgiex01.fao.org>

Hi all,

The minutes [1] from yesterday's telecon are now online for review.  A text
copy follows.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-swd-minutes.html

-------------------------------------------------------
SWD WG      01 Apr 2008

Agenda <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Mar/0093.html>
[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Mar/0093.html]

See also: IRC log <http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-swd-irc>
[http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-swd-irc]

Attendees

	Present
		Ralph, Marghe, Tom_Baker, qreul, Alistair, EdSu, DLRubin,
JonP, Antoine_Isaac, Guus, berrueta, Ben_Adida, 	Elisa_Kendall

	Regrets
		Sean, Vit, Simone

	Chair
		Tom Baker

	Scribe
		Margherita Sini

Contents

*	Topics <http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-swd-minutes.html#agenda>  

1.	ADMIN <http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-swd-minutes.html#item01> 
2.	SKOS primer <http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-swd-minutes.html#item02> 
3.	SKOS Reference <http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-swd-minutes.html#item03>

4.	Relationships between labels
<http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-swd-minutes.html#item04> 
5.	"Open" SKOS Issues
<http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-swd-minutes.html#item05> 
6.	RDFa <http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-swd-minutes.html#item06> 
7.	RECIPES <http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-swd-minutes.html#item07> 
8.	F2F Meeting <http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-swd-minutes.html#item09> 
9.	VOCABULARY MANAGEMENT
<http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-swd-minutes.html#item10> 

*	Summary of Action Items
<http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-swd-minutes.html#ActionSummary> 

  _____  

<scribe> Scribe: Margherita Sini
<scribe> Scribenick: marghe

Previous: http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html

ADMIN

Tom: Summertime started --> back to usual time
... March 18 conference: propose to accept

no objections

RESOLUTION: Minutes from March 18 accepted.

<scribe> ACTION: Chairs to draft charter extension proposal for SKOS until
July 1st [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/26-swd-minutes.html#action01]
[CONTINUES]

Tom: Face-to-face meeting
... looks is Washington a good choice except for Alistar
... so maybe better in Europe?
... we come back to that later


SKOS primer

<scribe> ACTION: Alistair and Guus to check the text in the primer on
relationship between Concept Schemes and OWL Ontologies. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action13] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: Guus to write primer text re: broaderGeneric and equivalence
w/r/t subclass [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action08] [CONTINUES]


SKOS Reference

Tom: raised issues regarding NL definition
... if SKOS no use NL --> join 2005 definition?

Alistar: on one hand having short definition is good for translation ...
however no in the current skos because need revision (?) ... maybe we can add
2005 definition ... wonder if we can put the NL definition as comments?

Tom: possible to move NL def to primer?

Alistar: same challenge...

Antoine: will be the same problem
... if we agree we can use old definitions

<edsu> david booth's email ->
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Mar/0047.html

Tom: i prefere to have definitions so seems an editorial / technical issue
... short definitions like owl has no per-term definitions. Can we have an
agreement ?

<aliman> I think tom said owl has *no* per-term definitions

<Guus> sorry, seem to be muted

<Guus> one sec

??: in favour of description of short paragraph with one example

scribe: including definition

Alistar: in addition to the text of the reference will have a RDFS comment /
URI

<TomB> Guus: we threw out the "comments" in OWL

<TomB> ...would be in favor of putting short descriptions into an appendix

<TomB> Alistair: rdfs:comment is an annotation property in OWL

<TomB> Alistair: agrees with Guus that schema is for a machine so doesn't
really need comments

<TomB> Alistair: Guus says we can have links to fragment identifiers

Tom: are we in agreement? or should we have an issue?

<Guus> yes, link to frag id of the definition

short text is necessary but point is where to put it?

Alistar: I support multilinguality possiblities

<scribe> ACTION: Sean to propose a way to handle deprecated properties
[CONTINUES] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-swd-minutes.html#action04]

<scribe> ACTION: Ralph to check whether the common interpretation of rdfs
isDefinedBy fits the reasoning that was made in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Oct/0141.html
[CONTINUES] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-swd-minutes.html#action05]


Relationships between labels

<scribe> ACTION: Antoine will review Alistair's proposals w/r/t the
relationship between the existing solution and the extension [CONTINUES]
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action06]


"Open" SKOS Issues

<scribe> ACTION: Alistair to make a proposal for Issue 40 [CONTINUES]
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-swd-minutes.html#action06]

<scribe> ACTION: Alistair to review Antoine and Guus' emails to move ISSUE-71
and -74 [CONTINUES] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action09]

Alistar: due to multiple dimension ...

<edsu> Graham Klyne's comments ->
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Mar/0092.html

<Ralph> Comment on OWL formalism used in SKOS core
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Mar/0092.html>
[Graham Klyne 2008-03-31]


RDFa

<scribe> ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa
[CONTINUES] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-swd-minutes.html#action07]

Ben: implementation report easy to put it together
... primer is going to be put together, revised approach--> keep it simple,
draft in the wiki ... got a review from yahoo ... got good comments, no
significant change


RECIPES

<edsu> benadida, have you seen the recent tag minutes re: CURIE?

<scribe> ACTION: Diego, Jon and Ralph to coordinate Recipes examples for w3c
site [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/11-swd-minutes.html#action09]
[DONE]

Diego?: will be good have a uri containing the date? to have examples
consistent with the document

<JonP> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/recipes/examples/

agreed in principle

Diego: changes will effect this files

<scribe> ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default behavior"
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]
[CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of Recipes
implementations] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: Recipes editors to clarify and write some sentences for the
title that spells out points Ed made for .htaccess and Apache [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action13] [CONTINUES]

Jon?: plan a new editor draft release today

scribe: should we wait we solve other issues first?

Diego: prefer wait a week, to fix typos, etc.


F2F Meeting

<Ralph> May F2F poll results
<http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/39408/FTF-May-2008-poll/results> 

<Guus> availability of key editors

<Guus> ?

Tom: problem of a US f-2-f meeting is Alistar participation

<Guus> alistair, antoine, ed, sean

Tom: but can join remotely

<Guus> alistair has to be there, I think, in person

<Ralph> Ralph: yes, having Alistair in person seems critical to me

Alistair: Sean cannot make that week

Alistar: telecon may be one option

<Guus> if sean cannot make it, alistair has to be there in person

Tom: EU option for 6-7 are reasonable, but 7-8 only few people can be there

<Guus> I propose Tue-Wed 6-7 in A'dam

Tom: Amsterdam Tuesd + wed seems better than 7-8

Alistar: will look for US feasibility

<Guus> let's decide 6-7, venue either Adam or Wash

<Guus> we should fix at least the date

Clay and Jon cannot do Amsterdam (?)

decision: 6-7 Amsterdam ?

<Guus> first pref Washinton, 2nd pref A'dam

Tom: either Amst or Wash on 6-7

<Guus> [alistair: US is very cheap now :-)]

Jon, Ralph and Clay no in Amsterdam --> pref. remote or in person Alistar in
Wash

<Guus> Propose to fix date 6-7

<Guus> agre with Tom

RESOLUTION: F-2-F meeting dates will be 6-7


VOCABULARY MANAGEMENT

Tom: last week 2 reviewers (Diego and Marc)

<Guus> [i'm calling Mark now]

Ton: we need Marc review as well
... in terms of process will be good to have signs at f-2-f meeting

<edsu> aliman: not sure if it'll make any difference but BWI is a possible
destination airport for DC area

Elisa: can go in W'ton 6-7
... hard if Am'dam

<Guus> mark has agreed

Elisa: can do remotely in Am'dam

<Guus> hopefully in a week; t most 2 weeks

RESOLUTION: Mark will do the review

<Guus> [sry, have to go]

Elisa: situation is good

<Ralph> ACTION: Guus to ask Mark van Assem to review VM Editor's Draft
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action17] [DONE]

<TomB> [thanks Guus]

Elisa: will appreciate attention to v1.1
... is time for other people to have a look

Tom: meeting adjourned.

<Ralph> Elisa: for those who care about OWL Full -- and I think this WG does
-- it's time to look more closely at the OWL WG


Summary of Action Items

[PENDING] ACTION: Alistair and Guus to check the text in the primer on
relationship between Concept Schemes and OWL Ontologies. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action13]
[PENDING] ACTION: Alistair to make a proposal for Issue 40 [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-swd-minutes.html#action06]
[PENDING] ACTION: Antoine will review Alistair's proposals w/r/t the
relationship between the existing solution and the extension [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action06]
[PENDING] ACTION: Alistair to review Antoine and Guus' emails to move
ISSUE-71 and -74 [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action09]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-swd-minutes.html#action07]
[PENDING] ACTION: Chairs to draft charter extension proposal for SKOS until
July 1st [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/26-swd-minutes.html#action01]
[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to write primer text re: broaderGeneric and
equivalence w/r/t subclass [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action08]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default behavior"
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ralph to check whether the common interpretation of rdfs
isDefinedBy fits the reasoning that was made in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Oct/0141.html [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-swd-minutes.html#action05]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of Recipes
implementations] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20]
[PENDING] ACTION: Recipes editors to clarify and write some sentences for the
title that spells out points Ed made for .htaccess and Apache [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action13]
[PENDING] ACTION: Sean to propose a way to handle deprecated properties
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-swd-minutes.html#action04]
 
[DONE] ACTION: Diego, Jon and Ralph to coordinate Recipes examples for w3c
site [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/11-swd-minutes.html#action09]
[DONE] ACTION: Guus to ask Mark van Assem to review VM Editor's Draft
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action17]
 
[End of minutes] 
Received on Wednesday, 2 April 2008 07:31:22 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:07:53 UTC