RE: Semantic relation BroaderPartitive/ NarrowerPartitiv

Hi,

The Topic Maps to RDF conversion as a part of the TM4L project,
announced in my previous mail was completed recently. Our conversion
strategy (among many others) was aimed at maximum reuse of the RDF
vocabulary which also impacts the expressivity of some aspects of Topic
Maps concepts. For example the predefined (in TM4L) Topic Map
associations such as Instance-Of and Superclass-Subclass are mapped to
rdf:type and rdfs:subClassOf. For the predefined Whole-Part and Related
association we wanted to  provide mapping to skos:narrowerPartitive and
skos:related. Since we have not received any response to my previous
email to this list we decided to convert them to normal  RDF properties.
However using the skos vocabulary (the same way we use dc vocabulary) is
still in our agenda.

Your feedback on this mater will be appreciated.

Below is the original announcement sent to various semantic web and
Topic Maps mailing lists regarding the new release of TM4L supporting
conversion between Topic Maps and RDF.

Christo

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = == = = = = = = = = = = = =
= = = = = = = =

A new version of the TM4L Editor, based on TMAPI, is now available. TM4L
is an e-learning environment providing authoring and browsing support
for creating ontology-based learning content and/or structuring digital
repositories. TM4L utilizes topic map-based overlay structures that
encode domain knowledge and connect it to (learning) resources, which
are considered relevant to a specific domain. Its interface is
translated into 9 languages including Spanish, German, French, Chinese
(Traditional and Simplified), Japanese, Danish, Bulgarian, and Nepali.

The features added recently to TM4L include:

- conversion between Topic Maps and RDF data
- plug-in architecture enabling users to add new features
- topic map querying capabilities
- visual topic maps editing
  + more ...

The latest version of TM4L can be downloaded from

       http://compsci.wssu.edu/iis/nsdl/download.html

As always your feedback is appreciated!

Cheers,
Christo