W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > October 2007

meeting record: 2007-10-02 swd telecon

From: Ed Summers <edsu@loc.gov>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 12:09:18 -0400
Message-Id: <4706296E02000015003B7A00@ntgwgate.loc.gov>
To: <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

The record of the 2007-10-02 swd telecon is ready for review at:

  http://www.w3.org/2007/10/02-swd-minutes.html

A text copy follows below.

Topics:
1. Admin
2. SWD review of "Cool URIs for the Semantic Web
3. SKOS
4. RDFa
5. Recipes
6. Vocabulary Management

Summary of Action Items:

[NEW]** **ACTION:** Ben to send formal request to send mail proposing Draft of RDFa Syntax and Publish new version of RDFa Primer, both on REC track) [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/10/02-swd-minutes.html#action06]   

[PENDING] ACTION: Alistair to state the difference between the two flavours of the SimpleExtension proposal for issue 26 [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-swd-minutes.html#action05] 
[PENDING] ACTION: all to register (indicate also that you're not planning to attend and/or want to attend via telecon) [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/10/02-swd-minutes.html#action09]
[PENDING] ACTION: Antoine to make wiki page or list posting summarizing issues for "Concept Semantics" [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-swd-minutes.html#action07]
**[PENDING] ACTION: Diego, Ed and Justin to review RDFa syntax document prior to f2f [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/09/25-swd-minutes.html#action10]
[PENDING] ACTION: Elisa to ask for feedback on VM draft [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/08/21-swd-minutes.html#action06]
[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to email a proposal to the list about Issue-36 ConceptSchemeContainment [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/07/24-swd-minutes.html#action01]
[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to move ISSUE-26 forward [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action04]
[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to post user experience reports for ISSUE-25 [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action05]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default behavior" [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]
   
[DONE] ACTION: Tom to write cover note to SWEO with links to 3 reviews and summary of main points + send to Working Group mailing list [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/09/25-swd-minutes.html#action02]
   
[DROPPED] ACTION: Vit to lead discussion about Vocabulary Management @ f2f [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/09/25-swd-minutes.html#action17]

//Ed

--

[![W3C][1]][2]

# SWD WG

## 2 Oct 2007

[ Agenda][3]

See also: [IRC log][4], [previous 2007-09-25][5]

## Attendees

Present
    edsu, TomB, guus, Ralph, JonP, Clay, Justin, Vit, Alistair, Sean, benadida, Quent, Daniel
Regrets
    Antoine, Elisa
Chair
    Guus
Scribe
    edsu

## Contents

  * [Topics][6]

    1. [Admin][7]
    2. [SWD review of "Cool URIs for the Semantic Web][8]
    3. [SKOS][9]
    4. [RDFa][10]
    5. [Recipes][11]
    6. [Vocabulary Management][12]

  * [Summary of Action Items][13]

* * *

### Admin

Guus: propose to accept minutes

RESOLVED Minutes PROPOSED to accept minutes of 25 Sep telecon: [http://www.w3.org/2007/09/25-swd-minutes.html][14]

Guus: planning dinner on monday at 8  
... will organize informal dinner on Sunday, and send on details later this week

<Quent> +01224 = Quent

<TomB> 9 am

RalphS: do we know when we will be starting?

<RalphS> Guus: 0900-1800

### SWD review of "Cool URIs for the Semantic Web

<RalphS> I will arrange the usual telecon access code for the f2f

TomB: Leo posted to the list about the reviews  
... requested that swd summarize things that need to be revised  
... I merged the three reviews into a single document that Michael will edit  
... Michael proposed we remove style corrections, and focus on points of substance, and I agree  
... edit the file down to a short description of the points we need to agree on  
... I propose we put that on the agenda for discussion on Monday 5-6

Guus: he can ask us to combine them, but we don't necessarily need to agree on all the comments

RalphS: it's reasonable for him to ask us to discuss amongst ourselves

<TomB> [http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/ReviewCoolURIs][15]

TomB: thanks :)

Guus: any follow up action?

TomB: Michael is going to edit the document down, and if we agree to put it on the agenda then I'll add the various links to the agenda and to the pdf packet

Guus: do we feel it deserves time at our face to face?

TomB: I thought some issues were raised that are worth discussing in the context of vocabulary management, and it would follow on from that

vit: I agree  
... don't think we'll need much time after vocab management discussion

Guus: i'd like to make it part of vocab management discussion

<scribe> **ACTION:** Tom to write cover note to SWEO with links to 3 reviews and summary of main points + send to Working Group mailing list [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/09/25-swd-minutes.html#action02][16]] **[DONE]**

### SKOS

aliman: still have something to write about simple extension proposal

Guus: alistair and i will finish this up for the f2f

Amsterdam agenda topic: "Label relations" (Guus)

<scribe> --CONTINUES

Guus: would be good if TomB would chair the discussion

<scribe> **ACTION:** Guus to move ISSUE-26 forward **[CONTINUES]** [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action04][17]]

<scribe> **ACTION:** Guus to post user experience reports for ISSUE-25 **[CONTINUES]** [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action05][18]]

<RalphS> [ Alistair's document on labeling properties][19]

Amsterdam topic "Labeling properties"

RalphS, ok

aliman: there should be some initial discussion about what the semantics should be and then we'll get into the technical discussion of how we will implement that

Amsterdam topic "Semantic Relation Properties" (Sean)

Guus: is the input in the wiki what we shoudl consider?

seanb: key issue is whether broader/narrower are transitive or not

Guus: the debate around skos queries should make the issue become clearer

Amsterdam topic "Concept Semantics" (Antoine)

seanb: do you want some sort presentation?

Guus: one thing you could do is to make clear what the decision points are -- what the working group needs to decide on

<RalphS> [ [Tom] Amsterdam reading packet][20]

TomB: i posted earlier today a list of links to various reading material  
... if people have additional readings let me know by tomorrow or thursday, then i'll post the pdf file to the wiki

TomB++

<RalphS> yes, TomB++

Amsterdam topic "Concept Semantics" (Antoine)

<scribe> **ACTION:** Antoine to make wiki page or list posting summarizing issues for "Concept Semantics" [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-swd-minutes.html#action07][21]] **[CONTINUES]**

Amsterdam topic "Drawing the picture" - no discussion leader yet

Guus: how is this stated on the agenda?

TomB: concept scheme containment was talked about as an aspect of drawing the pictures, so i moved this action to this topic

<scribe> **ACTION:** Guus to email a proposal to the list about Issue-36 ConceptSchemeContainment [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/07/24-swd-minutes.html#action01][22]] **[CONTINUES]**

Guus: after the f2f we'll bring out new working drafts  
... alistair I expect you could use help with that  
... unlikely that dan could do that

aliman: haven't heard anything from dan about working on this

Guus: maybe people could think about whether they can help

aliman: skos primer and skos semantics are the documents in question  
... primer will need to be much more relaxed language, lots of examples, diagrams -- semantic will need to be formally precise, well worked out

Guus: what do we do first? :)

aliman: so far I've been working on the semantics first  
... makes it hard for others to work on, probably have to work on both at the same time

Guus: i would expect that we should be able to write the primer once we've taken a decision on the open issues at the f2f

aliman: we'd have at least 1/2 or the core  
... in the primer

Guus: would be nice if a vocabulary owner could be involved in the primer effort  
... will be a question that comes up at the f2f  
... well before the end of the year we should have either/or (maybe both) the primer and the semantics document published

### RDFa

<RalphS> [RDFa Task Force meeting record from last week][23]

RalphS: decided whether we can use existing html namespace -- decided to propose a new html namespace, more consistent with semweb practices

<RalphS> [XHTML1.1 Namespace for rels][24]

RalphS: I hope we'll be able to decide at the f2f whether to publish the syntax document

Guus: we should be able to decide to publish the syntax document  
... and whether to go rec-track

RalphS: different groups make test cases part of the rec-track package  
... we can discuss at f2f

<Zakim> TomB, you wanted to ask Sean if he has readings to add to [ http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Oct/0004.html][20] and to ask who has the action to put RDFa decisions

Ben: I will be able to join

TomB: who should take the action to add this to the f2f agenda?

Guus: I would hope Ben can link to do this

<RalphS> (I believe the two documents are already linked from the agenda)

<RalphS> (Ben, I believe Guus is asking that you send a mail proposing specifically the two questions: Publish First Public Working Draft of RDFa Syntax and Publish new version of RDFa Primer, both on REC track)

<scribe> **ACTION:** Ben to send formal request to send mail proposing Draft of RDFa Syntax and Publish new version of RDFa Primer, both on REC track) [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/10/02-swd-minutes.html#action06][25]]

### Recipes

Guus: JonP do you expect decisions on these issues (19-24)

JonP: it would be nice

Guus: do you also consider the cool uris to be relevant?

JonP: yes

### Vocabulary Management

Guus: i see lots of discussion points and not many decision points

vit: it's what i'm working on right now

Guus: would be useful to have in advance to f2f

vit: there is one section in the presentation that address these issues, can i post this to the list?

Guus: yes, summarize them for the list

vit: am afraid it will be a little bit abstract, but the presentation will provide context, should be able to send email by tomorrow

<scribe> **ACTION:** Vit to lead discussion about Vocabulary Management @ f2f [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/09/25-swd-minutes.html#action17][26]] **[DROPPED]**

<scribe> **ACTION:** Elisa to ask for feedback on VM draft [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/08/21-swd-minutes.html#action06][27]] **[CONTINUES]**

Guus: meeting adjourned

<scribe> **ACTION:** all to register (indicate also that you're not planning to attend and/or want to attend via telecon) **[CONTINUES]** [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/10/02-swd-minutes.html#action09][28]]

<scribe> **ACTION:** Alistair to state the difference between the two flavours of the SimpleExtension proposal for issue 26 [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-swd-minutes.html#action05][29]] **[CONTINUES]**

<scribe> **ACTION:** Diego, Ed and Justin to review RDFa syntax document prior to f2f [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/09/25-swd-minutes.html#action10][30]] **[CONTINUES]**

<scribe> **ACTION:** Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default behavior" [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14][31]] **[CONTINUES]**

## Summary of Action Items

**[NEW]** **ACTION:** Ben to send formal request to send mail proposing Draft of RDFa Syntax and Publish new version of RDFa Primer, both on REC track) [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/10/02-swd-minutes.html#action06][25]]  
   
**[PENDING]** **ACTION:** Alistair to state the difference between the two flavours of the SimpleExtension proposal for issue 26 [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-swd-minutes.html#action05][29]]  
**[PENDING]** **ACTION:** all to register (indicate also that you're not planning to attend and/or want to attend via telecon) [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/10/02-swd-minutes.html#action09][28]]  
**[PENDING]** **ACTION:** Antoine to make wiki page or list posting summarizing issues for "Concept Semantics" [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-swd-minutes.html#action07][21]]  
**[PENDING]** **ACTION:** Diego, Ed and Justin to review RDFa syntax document prior to f2f [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/09/25-swd-minutes.html#action10][30]]  
**[PENDING]** **ACTION:** Elisa to ask for feedback on VM draft [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/08/21-swd-minutes.html#action06][27]]  
**[PENDING]** **ACTION:** Guus to email a proposal to the list about Issue-36 ConceptSchemeContainment [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/07/24-swd-minutes.html#action01][22]]  
**[PENDING]** **ACTION:** Guus to move ISSUE-26 forward [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action04][17]]  
**[PENDING]** **ACTION:** Guus to post user experience reports for ISSUE-25 [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action05][18]]  
**[PENDING]** **ACTION:** Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default behavior" [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14][31]]  
   
**[DONE]** **ACTION:** Tom to write cover note to SWEO with links to 3 reviews and summary of main points + send to Working Group mailing list [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/09/25-swd-minutes.html#action02][16]]  
   
**[DROPPED]** **ACTION:** Vit to lead discussion about Vocabulary Management @ f2f [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2007/09/25-swd-minutes.html#action17][26]]  
   
[End of minutes]  


* * *

Minutes formatted by David Booth's [ scribe.perl][32] version 1.128 ([CVS log][33])  
$Date: 2007/10/03 19:47:27 $ 

   [1]: http://www.w3.org/Icons/w3c_home
   [2]: http://www.w3.org/
   [3]: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Oct/0002.html
   [4]: http://www.w3.org/2007/10/02-swd-irc
   [5]: /2007/09/25-swd-minutes.html
   [6]: #agenda
   [7]: #item01
   [8]: #item02
   [9]: #item03
   [10]: #item04
   [11]: #item05
   [12]: #item06
   [13]: #ActionSummary
   [14]: http://www.w3.org/2007/09/25-swd-minutes.html
   [15]: http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/ReviewCoolURIs
   [16]: http://www.w3.org/2007/09/25-swd-minutes.html#action02
   [17]: http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action04
   [18]: http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action05
   [19]: http://purl.org/net/skos/2007/10/f2f/labelling-properties.html
   [20]: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Oct/0004.html
   [21]: http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-swd-minutes.html#action07
   [22]: http://www.w3.org/2007/07/24-swd-minutes.html#action01
   [23]: http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-rdfa-minutes.html
   [24]: http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-rdfa-minutes.html#item05
   [25]: http://www.w3.org/2007/10/02-swd-minutes.html#action06
   [26]: http://www.w3.org/2007/09/25-swd-minutes.html#action17
   [27]: http://www.w3.org/2007/08/21-swd-minutes.html#action06
   [28]: http://www.w3.org/2007/10/02-swd-minutes.html#action09
   [29]: http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-swd-minutes.html#action05
   [30]: http://www.w3.org/2007/09/25-swd-minutes.html#action10
   [31]: http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14
   [32]: http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
   [33]: http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Friday, 5 October 2007 16:10:22 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:07:51 UTC