Re: action: proposal for aligning IssuesProcess and Tracker

At 03:04 PM 3/22/2007 +0100, Thomas Baker wrote:
>On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 10:32:03AM -0400, Ralph Swick wrote:
>> [1] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/IssuesProcess

>This is great.

Thanks for reviewing it, Tom.

>... I suggest:
>
>-- On [2], put the "Products" section first, maybe calling
>   it "SWD issues lists" so that users
>   coming directly to this page will immediately see what the page
>   is about.

Yes, that would be more convenient.  RIF did a customization
to change the name of the 'Products' category (RIF calls it
'Topics').  I generalized the implementation of that customization
but haven't yet incorporated it into the SWD tracker branch.
I will do that.

>-- Add a link to the Tracker page [2] pointing back to IssuesProcess
>   [1] for an explanation of process categories.

I'll think about a generalized way to accommodate this.  The tracker
code is (supposed to be) common code shared by all WGs.

>I have added a sentence or at the beginning of [1] explaining
>what Tracker is and linking to the Tracker Web page [4].

Fine.

(my personal style is to give about 50% of what you wrote and
expect that people would follow the link to learn more, but
you did the work so I'm happy :)  BTW, the term 'slacker tracker'
has another application that's under development so it might
eventually be confusing to repeat it here, despite it's being
used in the tracker docs.)