Re: advice? how I can get support from Semantic Web activity

Al,

I just read your message and basically have no idea what you are
trying to do. Of the two theories in your note, theory A is certainly
true: "Owl cardinality constraint can only refer to usages
inside RDF.  I don't think we can legally use it to constrain
the usage of native mark up which it abstracts."

OWL cardinality constraints do, indeed, only apply to RDF data.  But I
wasn't able to understand theory B at all, nor your example in its
entirety.  But another hint:

"We can't make the population constraint that there has to be an
@aaa:labeledby attribute in the syntax because it cuts across
element types.  But we can say in the role template that something
of this nature has to be there, because it is specific to certain
roles.  The question is, is it binding?"

OWL cardinality constraints are not "closed", they do not work like
e.g. multiplicities in UML.  It is actually quite difficult to violate
a minimum cardinality constraint because the semantics says that if
enough values aren't there then they will come along eventually, and
everything else proceeds as if the values are there.  It's rather like
saying "everybody loves somebody" - you don't have to know precisely
who it is that each person loves, just that for each person the other
exists.  Thus if you want to use an OWL cardinality constraint as a
sort of syntactic restriction so you can "reject" a document that
doesn't have enough of something, this will not get you there.

Hope this helps.

-Chris