Re: [SKOS] thesaurus USE patterns

Miles, AJ (Alistair) wrote:

> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SkosDesign/ThesaurusPatterns?action=recall&rev=4
>
> [DONE] ACTION: Alistair to raise a new issue about USE X + Y and USE X OR Y [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action07]

I just wanted to add this to the wiki but it is protected so here my
solution. You already included the parts in SWD SKOS Requirement List -
now you only have to put the pieces together:

USE X + Y and USE X OR Y is semantically related to:

SKOS-R-ConceptualMappingLinks
(http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/CandidateReqList)

SKOS-R-IndexingAndNonIndexingConcepts.
(http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/CandidateReqList)

and

SKOS-I-coordination-8 (http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SkosIssuesSandbox)

which is as far as I understand equal to

SKOS-R-ConceptComposition
(http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/CandidateReqList)

Implementation:

Say you have the statement "Z" USE "X + Y", then:

1. "Z" is a NonIndexingConcept
2. "X + Y" is a coordination/composition of Concepts
3. the "USE"-statement is a Mapping

The "Z USE X OR Y" stament does not need special treatement neither:

a) Either you define two concepts "X" and "Y" with alterative Label "Z"
b) Or you define "X", "Y" as Concepts, "Z" as a NonIndexingConcept and a
Mappings between "Z" and "X" and "Z" and "Y"

Voilą!

Greetings,
Jakob