Re: SKOS use cases format

Hello Diego,

>El vie, 10-11-2006 a las 11:54 +0000, Alistair Miles escribió:
>

>>Below is a suggested format for SKOS use cases.
>>

>I agree with the suggested format, and also with Alistair's remarks on
>focusing on the applications over the vocabularies. In my opinion, use
>cases are about the behaviour of the system, not about the underlying
>technology (the vocabulary). However, we are also interested on getting
>feedback on the shortcomings of SKOS that arise from the actual uses of
>the technology, because they may help to shape the development of SKOS.
>Therefore, we might consider adding a specific section to obtain this
>kind of feedback.

Could you clarify a little bit? To me this actually starts looking like
collecting requirements, but is clearly interesting...

>The format should be kept as simple as possible, in order to encourage
>the maximum amount of replies. Later, if we feel that we have missed
>some important details, we can ask for them.

I think I disagree here. Provided we are not horribly long and that we
don't put too much pressure on people by asking them to fill everything,
giving contributors a detailed structure of what we expect can be of
great help. Otherwise we could have a great deal of variations. Just
look at how the contributions we got in this WG until now can differ!
I think it is also very important to avoid misunderstandings about the
expected information. Unless we decide that collecting use cases is more
a matter of our continuously interviewing contributors, I think asking a
someone to re-explain 80% of his use case because we were afraid of
making precise wish-lists is not an option. (shout, if you think I am
too biased towards lazy editing ;-) )

Cheers,

Antoine