Re: Appendix H: Internationalization

Dear Alexandre, that's good news.
What schema are you using for the RDF translation? The original RDF WordNet one? In that case, are you making any extension for e.g. pecial relations existing in OpenWordNet-PT?

Concerning Appendix H, it was made mainly as a pointer to future work on creating links between wordnets.
Definitely, the suggestion that entities involved in multi-language mappings include synsets, word senses, and words was pretty generic :).

I agree that Synset and WordSense mappings are the important ones. However, it's not crazy to conceive of multi-lingual mappings between words, e.g. historical (or synchronical) relations between words of different languages. An example is the English word "spider" that used to mean a "light carriage with big wheels" in 1879, but is currently used in Italian (with historical acceptation from English) with the meaning of "roadster".

In principle, you may represent such relation as between word senses "wordsense-spider@en@1879" and "wordsense-spider@it", but it'd be useful (specially in absence of "historical" wordnets) to have a relation between "word-spider@en" and "wordsense-spider@it" or even "word-spider@it" (for derivation aspects).

Best
Aldo