Re: [VM] lengh of example URIs

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 21:22:45 -0500
To: "Miles, AJ (Alistair)" <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
Cc: <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>, <dbooth@hp.com>

At 05:46 PM 1/10/2006 +0000, Miles, AJ (Alistair) wrote:
>Responding to point E1 [1] - how could we make the URIs shorter, given that they should actually work as described and therefore need a supporting server appropriately configured?  I'd rather leave them as is at least for the first WD publication, because the isegserv.itd.rl.ac.uk server is already configured to support them.

I promised a while ago to test these configurations with the W3C
site configuration.  i haven't yet done so but do still hope to do this.

So I propose that we keep the URIs as they are for the first public
WD and change them to be in the w3c URI space for the next
version.  I think David was perhaps hoping we could shorten
/VM/http-examples/exampleN also; for w3.org we'd likely have
/2006/01/example/1 or something similar, which is a bit shorter
but perhaps even less "readable".