Re: Expections for OWL Time evolution

Hi Evan,

Thank you very much for your comments.

Yes, in the note [1] we provide a reference [2] to a first-order logic
(FOL) axiomatization of the ontology, which includes a rich collection of
axioms that tightly constrain the interpretation of the predicates and
functions described in the note.

As the expressivity of the Semantic Web languages increase, depending
on the logic they will support (e.g., full FOL or Horn logic), we would
like to encode the entire or a subset of our FOL axiomatization of the
ontology in the improved or new Semantic Web (rule) languages.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or comments.

Thanks!

- Feng Pan and Jerry Hobbs

[2] Hobbs, J. R. and Pan, F. 2004. An Ontology of Time for the Semantic
Web. ACM Transactions on Asian Language Processing (TALIP): Special issue
on Temporal Information Processing, Vol. 3, No. 1, March 2004, pp. 66-85.
(http://www.isi.edu/~pan/time/pub/hobbs-pan-TALIP04.pdf)

--
Feng Pan, Ph.D. Candidate
USC Information Sciences Institute (ISI)