linking from HTML document to RDF (meta)data

From: Frank Manola <fmanola@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:40:47 -0400
To: public-swbp-wg@w3.org

Has SWBPD expressed an opinion on best practice for linking from an HTML
document to an RDF document that describes it and/or attempts to provide
equivalent content?  (This seems like it ought to be a FAQ, and I must
be missing something obvious;  I've looked on the SWBPD page;   have I
not found the right reference?)

"Expressing Simple Dublin Core in RDF/XML"
<http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmes-xml/> suggests using <link
rel="meta" href="mydoc.dcxml" />, where mydoc.dcxml is the RDF/XML
document.  But what I frequently see is a plain old link, e.g., in this
case something like <a href="/mydoc.dcxml" >RDF</a> (or an equivalent
button, as used at the bottom of the RDF specs).  It seems as if some
recommendations along these lines would be helpful.

--Frank