Re: [SE] Guidance on late return of review comments

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Jeff Pan wrote:

> Hi Benjamin,
>
> Thanks very much for your review. We have been revising the draft according to your comments. Meanwhile, we wonder if you could clarify the following comment:
>
> [I1 : Add more cross references from inside the main document to the bibliography, mainly grouping together articles on similar topics. As is, I find it to difficult to use with a simple alpha ordering. Maybe add some sort of bibliographical review as a section 2.4 / OR add references links into sections 2.2 and 2.3]
>
> Are you suggesting us to have more references in Sections 2.2 and 2.3?

Basically, this was regarding the end of section 2.3 which simply states :
"related work is in appendix". I feel it is important in section 2.2 or
2.3 to group together relevant work and explain which articles are on the
same topic, and reference these articles directly from the text in 2.2 /
2.3. I find simply the bibliography to be a little indigest, and much
prefer links inside the text to each reference, or at least to the leading
reference for each paragraph. As is, a lot of the work in appendix is not
referenced from the text, so it is difficult to understant if some papers
are 'milestones' and other are very specific. I think at least the
articles deemed 'very important' should be highlighted: I don't think any
articlesfrom appendix A are cited inside the document, (articles from
section 7 were all referenced, however). Basivally I wondered  if
this was normal i.e., all articles in appendix A are 'of lesser
importance'. If this is the case -- fine. If not, then I figure highlight
the important ones with a short comment + citation inside the document.

Hope this makes things clearer.

Regards,

BN

--