From: Sue Ellen Wright [mailto:sellenwright@gmail.com]
Sent: 12 October 2005 21:05
To: Miles, AJ (Alistair)
Cc: Alan Melby; Laurent.Romary@loria.fr; Gerhard Budin; Klaus-Dirk2 Schmitz; Bodil Nistrup Madsen; Kara Warburton; public-esw-thes@w3.org; public-swbp-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: SKOS Core 2nd review

Hi, Alistair,
Thanks for getting back to us! Your wording is a step in the right direction. What about:

'SKOS Core provides a model for expressing the basic structure and content of concept schemes such as thesauri, classification schemes, subject heading lists, taxonomies, 'folksonomies', other types of controlled vocabulary, and as well as those concept schemes that are embedded in glossaries and terminologies.'

This suggests that we are limiting the scope of what the current SKOS can do with respect to glossaries and terminologies. This is also assuming that you're still not ready to say anything about extensions at this point. We will indeed probably work out an rdf representation of TMF and/or TBX eventually, but as I noted in my earlier mail, we're up to our ears right now in getting are MDR fully populated, possibly doing some upgrades on it somewhere out there as we work with it & sort out any possible lacuae or bugs, etc. All on top of our day jobs! But we'll keep thinking about this. Actually, if it hadn't been for your little slip in the wording we might not have gotten all panicky and involved, so sometimes lapses work out for the best!

Bye for now
Sue Ellen