[WNET],[PORT] WordNet datamodel

Hi WNET folks,

I'm trying to understand the wordnet datamodel [1] and have a couple of questions ...

Have I got these cardinalities right:
 - [:Synset] :containsWordSense [:WordSense] is 1 to n.
 - [:Word] :sense [:WordSense] is 1 to n.
... ?

Have I got this right:
 - there are no properties for asserting a relationship between a :Synset and a :Word.  A resource of type :WordSense represents a relationship between a :Word and a :Synset.
... ?

What property is used to assert the lexical form of a :Word?

Are resources of type :Word to be given URIs?  Or are they to be identified via an IFP?  (I'm thinking that giving URIs to words is both a bad idea and unecessary, if the identity of a resource of type :Word could be established by an IFP.)

Are resources of type :WordSense to be given URIs?  Or will they be blank nodes?

Why are some properties (e.g. :holonymOf :substanceMeronymOf :antonymOf :entails etc.) linking resources of type :Synset whereas other properties (e.g. :derivationallyRelated :participleOf :adverbPertainsTo etc.) link resources of type :WordSense?  What is the fundamental difference between these two groups of properties?

What exactly *is* a resource of type :WordSense?  What *is* a resource of type :Synset?  Which of these classes (if either) could be declared to be a sub-class of the skos:Concept class?

Cheers,

Al.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/WNET/wordnet_datamodel.owl

---