Re: Comment: Representing Classes As Property Values on the Semantic Web

Natasha Noy wrote:
> Ivan,
>
> I am not sure I understand: Following your argument, saying
> :LionSubject a owl:Thing
> still technically doesn't preclude it from being an owl:Class, does it?

That is true and that would be a problem with DL. But my point is a bit different: just by
saying

:LionSubject a :Lion.

you *cannot* infer whether :LionSubject is a owl:Thing or not (unless you know in advance
that the ontology *is* DL). And the logic of the document is the other way round: we want
to have an ontology that will, shall we say, safely pass an DL checker, so we have to
ensure that :LionSubject is also an owl:Thing.

> Natasha
>
> PS. The document is already a WG Note, so making changes would be  quite
> difficult logistically, as I understand it.

Well, that might be a show-stopper for this indeed. It is not a major problem, though...

Ivan