[PORT] Plan of action for SKOS Core Guide and Spec

Hi all,

At the SWBP telecon yesterday Ralph, myself, David W and Guus discussed what to do about Ralph's concerns regarding publishing the SKOS Core Guide without the SKOS Core Vocabulary Specification.  It was agreed that the Guide and the Spec should be published together, and that the request to W3C to publish the Guide should be postponed until the Spec is approved by the reviewers.

Also, any draft of the SKOS Core Vocabulary Specification in fact describes a *snapshot* of the SKOS Core Vocabulary at the time of publication.  Some text needs to be added to the introductory and status sections of this document to explain this (I'll draft something asap).

Cheers,

Al.

---
Alistair Miles
Research Associate
CCLRC - Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Building R1 Room 1.60
Fermi Avenue
Chilton
Didcot
Oxfordshire OX11 0QX
United Kingdom
Email:        a.j.miles@rl.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (0)1235 445440

http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core/guide/2005-02-15#secdocumentation
> needs to be corrected.

Good catch, sorry I missed that.

>			That might not need to hold up publication,
> but combined with other process questions I think we should wait
> and publish the two documents simultaneously.  I believe the first
> Working Draft event will get far better reception in the public if it is
> complete (both documents) rather than done in two stages.

I think so too, on reflection and after careful review of Core today.

cheers,

Dan