RE: [WN] Fwd: WordNet Namespace

From: <mark@few.vu.nl>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 20:37:08 +0100
To: Peter Mika <pmika@cs.vu.nl>
Cc: 'Mark van Assem' <mark@cs.vu.nl>, 'Jacco van Ossenbruggen' <Jacco.van.Ossenbruggen@cwi.nl>, 'Jeremy Carroll' <jjc@hpl.hp.com>, 'Aldo Gangemi' <aldo.gangemi@istc.cnr.it>, public-swbp-wg@w3.org, schreiber@cs.vu.nl, Benjamin.Nguyen@inria.fr

Hi Peter, all,

> excluding them altogether could hurt. So what I have in mind now is to
> extend Mark's proposal by having three files:

Exactly what I meant :-), but with (3) split over one file per relation and a
file for wn:Words and wn:Wordsenses. Your 1+2 is what I named WN-Light. Most
Light-users will probably also load the hyponyms file, but that's still up to them.

> 1. one with synsets
> 2. one with labels for synsets
> 3. one that defines wordsenses, their relations to each other and their
> relations to synsets

<snip>

> Two alternatives may be:
>
> 1. All statements with this resource as subject, predicate or object.
> 2. The concise bounded description of the resource [1]

These are options only for the slash-case, right?

Cheers,
Mark.