RE: [WN] Fwd: WordNet Namespace

Hi All,

I still think that word senses are the atomic concepts of WordNet and
excluding them altogether could hurt. So what I have in mind now is to
extend Mark's proposal by having three files:

1. one with synsets
2. one with labels for synsets
3. one that defines wordsenses, their relations to each other and their
relations to synsets

1+3 would make up what I consider the complete WordNet, but still people
could work with just 1 or 1+2.

With regard to what the Princeton server should serve: in an ideal world how
to represent WordNet and how to serve it via the Web would be two separate
issues. But since higher powers have recently conferred us the idea that you
should be able to look up URIs, it is probably an issue. Since this is a
very recent development, it is hard to talk of a best practice here. See
also the discussion on what to server for SPARQL DESCRIBE queries [2].

Two alternatives may be:

1. All statements with this resource as subject, predicate or object.
2. The concise bounded description of the resource [1]

Cheers,
Peter

[1] http://www.w3.org/Submission/CBD/
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2005Nov/