Re: [WN] Fwd: WordNet Namespace

From: Jacco van Ossenbruggen <Jacco.van.Ossenbruggen@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:43:27 +0100
To: Peter Mika <pmika@cs.vu.nl>
CC: "'Jeremy Carroll'" <jjc@hpl.hp.com>, "'Aldo Gangemi'" <aldo.gangemi@istc.cnr.it>, public-swbp-wg@w3.org, schreiber@cs.vu.nl, mark@cs.vu.nl, Benjamin.Nguyen@inria.fr

Peter Mika wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Regarding the second issue: I think it's less of a problem. Once you agree
>on the actual representation of WordNet, you can make it available either as
>a single file or a set of files, e.g. one for each resource, containing only
>the triples where that resource appears.

I agree, but you still need to define exactly what triples are returned
for each type of URI.
So, what subgraph does resolving http://wordnet.princeton.edu/rdf/entity
actually return?
And what about http://wordnet.princeton.edu/rdf/antonym?

>The WordNet server can then either serve these static files or run a RESTful
>Web Service in the background that queries the ontology dynamically.

In theory, yes, but in practice I doubt that Princeton is going to
develop such a service.

>In any case as Jeremy says what you want are slash URIs.

I agree.

Jacco