Re: [WN] Fwd: WordNet Namespace

From: Mark van Assem <mark@cs.vu.nl>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 12:55:30 +0100
To: Aldo Gangemi <aldo.gangemi@istc.cnr.it>
CC: public-swbp-wg@w3.org, schreiber@cs.vu.nl, jjc@hpl.hp.com, Benjamin.Nguyen@inria.fr, Jacco.van.Ossenbruggen@cwi.nl

Hi Aldo,

I think it may be worth considering a version specific base URI, e.g.
http://wordnet.princeton.edu/rdf20. This is an easy way to make sure
that Synsets from different versions remain separate.

Concerning RDF and OWL: I think it is still possible to provide one
file; the OWL statements can still be add-ons that may be ignored by
RDFS. E.g. the inverse properties would only be visible to OWL-aware
infrastructure.

The consequence is that OWL-aware software has a little more info.

Mark.

--
  Mark F.J. van Assem - Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
        markREMOVE@cs.vu.nl - http://www.cs.vu.nl/~mark