Re: [OEP] The n-ary relations draft is ready for outside review

Chris Welty wrote:
>I don't really have time to get into this discussion, but FYI I am working
>on a document describing how to represent fluents, so I think it's even
>more important to keep time out of this note.

This issue has come up in other fora with respect to the n-ary note.
However, I agree with Chris' approach to it.  We should address the
problem of modeling properties which vary over time with a fluent note.
Once we have the fluent note, we could put a footnote referencing it
by the first measurement example (temperature?) in the n-ary note.
We don't want to put such a discussion in the main body of the n-ary note,
and I think it would not be time well spent searching for non-measurement
examples for the n-ary note.   These notes are about patterns and
approaches to ontology design, not about defining fragments of some
comprehensive single ontology for everything.

-Evan