invited experts [was: Re: meeting record: 2005-04-07 SWBPD telecon]

#2.

It is really none of W3C's concern why an individual is in the particular
employment situation he or she chooses.  What _is_ W3C's concern
is preserving the benefits of W3C Membership.  An organization whose
activities are connected in any way to the Web should be giving real
consideration to protecting their interests by joining W3C.  W3C
Management -- who have oversight over all Invited Expert applications --
wants to know that the benefits of W3C membership are appropriately
discussed with such organizations.  The relevance of their employee's
expertise to the tasks before the Working Group is an ingredient in this
discussion.