R:[RDFTM] Getting the TF rolling

Hi all.

> Work methods
>    magic string [RDFTM] in the Subject: line.
>
> 2. Occasional meetings by IRC using the SWBPD channel on an
>    as-needed basis.
>
> 3. Collaborative wiki-based work using on the development of
>    deliverables under the guidance of appointed editors.
>
> The University of Bologna (hereafter and forever more "UniBo")
> has a wiki up and running, but I'm not sure whether it is
> available to be used by the whole TF. I think the requirements
> would be for all members of the TF to have write access and
> for the pages themselves to be open for the whole world to
> view.
>
> Fabio: Please comment on whether UniBo could fulfill those
> requirements.

The wiki has been set up, and it is available at this moment. Please consult
http://tesi.fabio.web.cs.unibo.it/RDFTM

Read access is open for all
Write access requires personal registration of the interested people, and
activation of the account by the wiki administrators.

> First deliverable
> -----------------
>
> The first deliverable of the TF is a "Note describing the pros
> and cons of existing approaches [to RDF/TM Interoperability]".
>
> I would like to ask for volunteers to edit this document.

Valentina Presutti and myself are available for editing this document.

> Preparatory work in which the whole TF can participate includes
> the following:
>
> 1. Compiling a complete list of references to "existing
>    approaches".
>
> 2. Agreeing a set of criteria by which to evaluate those
>    approaches.
>
> 3. Compiling a set of test cases for use in the evaluation.
>
> Re. #1: I have compiled an initial list, to be posted on the
> wiki as soon as it is up and running (assuming that is the TF's
> preferred method of working). Others can then supplement it
> as necessary.

Steve, a first list is available at

http://tesi.fabio.web.cs.unibo.it/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/RDFTM/InitialConver
sionBibliography

You may want to add to that.

> Re. #2: I would like to invite suggestions for evaluation
> criteria to be sent to this mailing list under the subject
> "[RDFTM] Evaluation criteria".
>
> Re. #3: I have started creating TM test cases and will post
> them on the wiki once it is available. I would like to ask
> for volunteers to provide similar test cases for RDF. I will
> start a thread on this under the subject "[RDFTM] Test cases".
>
> I await answers to specific questions from Fabio, Ralph, and
> David as soon as possible, and input from other TF members
> thereafter.

Ciao

Fabio

--

Fabio Vitali                            Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly,
Dept. of Computer Science        Man got to sit and wonder "Why, why, why?'