Re: [ALL] PORT documents for internal review

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 04:20:35PM -0000, Alistair Miles wrote:
> > What is the relationship between this document (above) and the
> > "SKOS-Core 1.0 Guide" dated 2004-05-04 [1]?  The latest guide
> > (above) dates back to 2004-09-03 -- a version for which access
> > is forbidden [2].
> >

> The "SKOS-Core 1.0 Guide" [1] was what we published within the scope of the
> SWAD-Europe project, and is the predecessor to the document series now at
> [2].  At the time we called it 'SKOS Core 1.0' because we were thinking
> about versioning the whole vocabulary, but then we decided to go with the
> FOAF model of management (allowing terms to evolve in situ) and so decided
> to drop the '1.0' or any other numbering off the end for subsequent
> documentation.
>
> Do you think explicit reference needs to be made to [1] from the new guide?

Yes, I would suggest pointing from "SKOS Core 1.0" to the
latest guide, perhaps with a brief explanation of the missing
version number along the lines you just provided.

> Access to the 2004-09-03 version should now be possible, although that doc
> is really just a first sketch of what is now at [3].

That's what I figured, though I briefly wondered whether it
was the inaccessible file that constituted the "missing link",
providing a pointer back to the older SWAD-Europe version...

Providing prominent pointers to the new series would clarify
everything.

Tom

--
Dr. Thomas Baker                        Thomas.Baker@izb.fraunhofer.de
Institutszentrum Schloss Birlinghoven         mobile +49-160-9664-2129