Re: UnitDim: an ontology of physical units and quantities

From: <ewallace@cme.nist.gov>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:05:31 -0500 (EST)
To: public-swbp-wg@w3.org, Hajo.Rijgersberg@wur.nl
Cc: schreiber@cs.vu.nl

Hajo Rijgersberg wrote:
>One of the requests in this working group has been on ontologies for
>physical units and measures. We have developed UnitDim, an ontology of
>units, quantities and related topics. Guus Schreiber suggested to submit
>this work in this field as a candidate ontology for W3C. The work has
>been done in the framework of a large industrial project on e-science
>in The Netherlands called Virtual Lab e-Science. The ontology is quite
>comprehensive and considers about 200 quantities and 300 units. UnitDim
>and a descriptive document can be found at:
>http://www.atoapps.nl/foodinformatics, Sec. News
>No login is required to access that section on this web-site.
>We would be pleased if you consider this ontology for reviewing and look
>forward to your comments and suggestions.

I tried to access this link with three different browsers and encountered
three different behaviors.  IE seemed to get close, but I still couldn't
get past the login screen (at least I got one, which was not the case with
Netscape).  Please provide all the information needed to access this
ontology if you wish it to be reviewed.

Thanks,
-Evan

Evan K. Wallace