Re: Another approach to Nary relations

Dear Yoshio,

I looked at your document, and despite the fact that there are indeed
not that many words, it's actually a very clear one :)

Up until the reification and probability, it seems you are basically
using pattern 2 from the WD "as is", aren't you? Except that you also
allow for there being only one or two components in the relation.
Pattern 2, however, while presented as to solve a problem for relations
with arity > , can indeed be applied to relations with fewer arguments.
Perhaps, it's a point worth making under "Considerations".

Reification and probability, however, adds an extra level there that is
probably more appropriate if indeed you want to treat uncertainty
property, but is not really a subject of a note on n-ary relations. It
seems, however, that it may be a good idea to write a separate note
describing design patterns for representing uncertainty. What do others
think? I believe, adding this note to the set of OEP documents would be
a very good idea, and Yoshio has essentially already started on that.

I am also beginning to think that maybe we should remove probability
from this note on n-ary relations altogether -- it seems to be one of
those issues that raises more confusion than it solves, and the purpose
of the note is not  really to talk about representation of probability
anyway.

Natasha