From: Jeremy Carroll [mailto:jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com]
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 1:58 AM
To: Uschold, Michael F
Cc: DLU BPD (E-mail)
Subject: Re: Syntax Proposal [All] $swbp

Uschold, Michael F wrote:
> OPEN QUESTION:
> *	should we make it a requirement that, say all notes at least
         have RDF/XML in an appendix? -or-
> *	should this be entirely up to the author's discression?

I believe that a statement of general policy, with extensive discretion,

is the best way forward. This allows any reviewer who cares to easily
challenge author discretion when it goes against the main thrust of the
policy. Otherwise we need to over-engineer the letter of the policy,
rather than gradually come to a shared understanding of the spirit

(e.g. I think having examples in Turtle and RDF/XML, in-line, like in
the OWL Test Cases, fits the spirit, without fitting the letter of
Mike's proposal - I don't think this is worth discussing except on a
case-by-case basis)

Jeremy