W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swbp-wg@w3.org > April 2004

Re: OEP and Re: [ALL] Agenda 15 April telecon

From: Deborah L. McGuinness <dlm@ksl.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 01:07:07 -0700
Message-ID: <407E42AB.6020607@ksl.stanford.edu>
To: "Deborah L. McGuinness" <dlm@ksl.Stanford.EDU>
Cc: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@cs.vu.nl>, SWBPD list <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>
one more email on pattern forms for oep
my suggestion (from webont)  and 
from:http://www.ksl.stanford.edu/people/dlm/webont/HowToDoIt/closingRoles.html:

problem description
observations (optional)
abstracted solution
example

natasha's example at:  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2004Apr/att-0061/ClassesAsValues.html  
had
general issue     (could be viewed as similar to problem description)
use case example
other scenario
approaches  (with considerations and summaries)

welty previously at  http://esw.w3.org/topic/PartWhole   had


Background
OWL Formalization
Pitfalls
References



my summarization of these is:

problem description   (including background   and observations could fit 
in here as well)
use case example
abstracted solution
owl solution
implications
references

if as in natasha's example, there are many solutions, then repeat   
abstracted solution, owl solution, implications, references as appropriate.


Deborah L. McGuinness wrote:

>
> I promised to send out the format that we proposed for web ont and oep.
>
> Webont had discussed having a "howtodoit" compilation, or best 
> practices, or tricks of the trade.
> this was modeled off of the tricks of the trade section of Living with 
> Classic.
>
> This was the example from WebOnt:
> http://www.ksl.stanford.edu/people/dlm/webont/HowToDoIt/closingRoles.html
> (it is old - it was put up over a year ago  but the format still is 
> the result of a discussion concerning the same issues we are 
> addressing now.)
>
> note the "abstracted solution" in this form and natasha's summary of 
> approach in her example.
> I would claim they are similar and important.
>
> Also, observation in my format may not always be instantiated but it 
> may be used to point out stumbling blocks to an "obvious" solution to 
> the problem.
>
> natasha has a "considerations" portion in her description.   This also 
> seems like it would be good to have in the template and might also be 
> considered optional.
>
> i need to continue the action item of choosing another item from 
> Living with CLASSIC and describing it in this format.
>
> I will not be on the call tomorrow morning at 1400 utc time.
> Also, given the suggestion below to have the next meeting at either 
> 1400 utc or 1800 utc, i will participate if it is 1800 but can not 
> make it at 1400.
> I would propose that we have it at 1800 and discuss the format for 
> examples in that telecon.
>
> Deborah
>
> Guus Schreiber wrote:
>
>>
>> [Late because I sent it by accident to the wrong address]
>>
>> AGENDA  Teleconference
>> W3C Semantic Web Best Practices & Deployment Working Group
>> 15 April 2004, 1400 UTC,
>>   0700 (West US), 1000 (East US), 1500 (London),
>>   1600 (Amsterdam), 2300 (Tokyo), midnight (Sydney)
>> Duration: 60-90 min
>>
>> Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 passcode 7927#
>> IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #swbp
>>
>> Chair: Guus Schreiber
>> Scribe: [please volunteer]
>>
>>
>> 1. ADMINISTRIVIA (10 min)
>>
>> Role call
>> Regrets: Carroll, Gibbins
>>
>> PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the April 1 telecon:
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Apr/0056.html
>>
>> Agenda amendments
>>
>> Strawpoll on telecon times:
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Apr/0060.html
>>
>> Proposed date for next telecon.
>>   29 April, 1400 UTC or 1800 UTC
>>
>>
>> 2. ACTION ITEM REVIEW (10 min)
>>
>>    ACTION Ralph talk with Guus and create a straw poll form for 
>> meeting times
>>    DONE
>>
>>    ACTION ChrisW write description of OPEN TF
>>    proposed to CANCEL
>>
>>    ACTION DanBri get rdf-thes contacts from Guus
>>      - DanBri has started a page
>>        [14]http://www.w3.org/2004/03/thes-tf/mission
>>
>>    ACTION guus read bernard's e-mail with draft TMAP msg
>>
>>    ACTION DanBri investigate publication of Turtle as SWIG note
>>
>>    ACTION ChrisW present his time ontology in the next telecon
>>    propose to CANCEL
>>
>>    ACTION Guus ask Aldo if someone from Princeton is willing to 
>> participate
>>     -- recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/04/01-swbp-irc#T18-58-41
>>
>>    ACTION Guus talk with Aldo about WordNet and produce a short-term 
>> plan
>>    for option 1
>>     -- recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/04/01-swbp-irc#T19-05-38
>>
>>    ACTION Natasha look at classes-as-values DC:Subject issue
>>     -- recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/04/01-swbp-irc#T19-21-50
>>
>>    ACTION Deb propose a simple pattern for OEP
>>     -- recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/04/01-swbp-irc#T19-23-23
>>
>>    ACTION Jeremy write TF desc for XML Schema
>>     -- recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/04/01-swbp-irc#T19-30-29
>>
>>
>> 3. TASK-FORCE LIST REVIEW (10-15 min)
>>
>> TF list at Cannes page: http://www.w3.org/2004/03/04-SWBPD
>>
>> Possible additions:
>> - Human-frinedly syntax
>> - Tom Baker's remarks:
>>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Apr/0025.html
>>   (discussion may be postponed to next telecon due to Tom's regrets)
>>
>> Prioritization
>>
>> Activation plan for TFs
>>
>>
>> 4. TF DISCUSSIONS (30-40 min)
>>
>> - status
>> - short term plans
>>
>> 4.1 WRLD (Jim)
>> 4.2 PORT/THES (DanB, Guus)
>> 4.2 APPS (Applications & demo's)
>> 4.4 OEP (Mike, Deb)
>> 4.5 WNET
>> 4.6 UNITS
>>
>>
>> 5. AOB
>>
>

-- 
 Deborah L. McGuinness 
 Associate Director Knowledge Systems Laboratory 
 Gates Computer Science Building, 2A Room 241 
 Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305-9020 
 email: dlm@ksl.stanford.edu
 URL: http://ksl.stanford.edu/people/dlm
 (voice) 650 723 9770    (stanford fax) 650 725 5850   (computer fax)  801 705 0941
Received on Thursday, 15 April 2004 04:07:28 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:30:53 UTC