RE: Using two URIs for the same thing

Hi Sandro,

I think the wording in the referenced part of the WebArch doc is probably
poorly expressed.

The intend of the wording (as I understand it) is that if your given a URI
for something (eg. with a representation, or out-of-band buy word of mouth
etc.) then you should make references with it as given. Don't expect minor
'spelling' variations work work (hence the oaxaca/Oaxaca example.

"Assigned" is probably the problem word... certainly the wording was not
trying to suggest that there is one true canonical assignment of a URI to a
given resource, only that if you 'obtain' for referring to a given resource,
then you should use it as obtained...

Does that help?

Stuart