Re: A bit of running code for "Tim's View"

At 12:04 PM -0400 10/8/03, Sandro Hawke wrote:
>I proposed a kind of "Hello World" for Tim's view of how URIs should
>work in RDF, and he modified cwm to support it.  I take this as pretty
>good evidence of what his view is.  :-)
>
>The test is:
>
>     1.  File myDingo.n3 says:
>
>           @prefix bio: <http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/test/ferrell/biology#>.
>           :Donny a bio:Dingo.
>
>     2.  If you follow the bio:Dingo link, you will learn that every
>         bio:Dingo is a bio:Dog.  Try it.  Bio says it using
>         ferrell:subClassOf.  [Ferrell is another name for OWL, but I
>         don't want the machine to know that.  Ferrell is the name of a
>         great horned owl my wife used to babysit.]  If you follow the
>         ferrell:subClassOf URI, you'll see a doc:rules link which
>         points to some Horn rules about what ferrell:subClassOf mean.
>	Some of this (like doc:rules and log:implies) is only defined
>         for humans, but enough is machine-readable that for step 3 to
>         work.
>
>     3.  Run "cwm --closure=por myDingo.n3 --think" and it will
>         output (among other things):
>
>           :Donny a bio:Dog.

if the bio:page states
     bio:Dog a bio:mammal
will you output
  Donny a bio:mammal.

If the bio: page contains
   :Coconut a :Cat

will cwm claim
   bio:Coconut a bio:Cat.
?

[snip]
>       -- sandro

p.s. I would run it and test it myself, but I screwed up my python
installation...

Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  *** 240-277-3388 (Cell)
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler      *** NOTE CHANGED CELL NUMBER ***