Re: Chromatic fonts - implementation roundup [via SVG glyphs for OpenType Community Group]

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 7:10 AM, W3C Community Development Team <
team-community-process@w3.org> wrote:

> ... undocumented but
> reverse-engineered Apple sbix colored raster format.

Apple's format has been documented for a year or two now:

https://developer.apple.com/fonts/TrueType-Reference-Manual/RM06/Chap6sbix.html

> (This is in addition to the
> existing COLR/CPAL support that has been there since Windows 8.1).
>
> Amusingly, this means that Edge 14 has better support for the
> Google-originated
> CBDT fonts than Google Chrome itself has, due to a bug in the Chrome
> OpenType
> sanitizer which rejects CBDT fonts for not having a glyf table. This means
> that
> Chrome will currently only display CBDT fonts that are installed, not ones
> loaded by @font-face.

We definitely fixed OTS.  Do you have more info?  I believe CBDT webfonts
work on Chrome Linux, ChromeOS, and Chrome Android.