Re: SVG Glyphs in OpenType specification: action required!

Sorry, please disregard the prior half-baked response, this is a side effect of using touch screen.

Hi Sairus, all,

While it is true that ISO AHG on. Font format has one of the mandates to collaborate with W3C on SVG in OpenType, it doesn't impose any limitations on the things that W3C CG can do. As a community group we are free to modify the document and publish it at any time a change is made, this does not affect the ISO OFF development in any way, at least not until the time when the results of the CG work are presented as a proposal for the ISO spec. Once the proposal is made, any future changes would have to be officially communicated to ISO SC29/WG11 either as  liaison between two organizations or as individual member contribution.

It is also important to note that, as far as IP commitments are concerned, when the proposal is presented for ISO standardization we are expected to comply with the ISO IP policy (which is more relaxed than W3C RF patent policy and only requires commitment to license the critical IP, if any, on reasonable and non-discriminatory terms).

Thank you,
Vlad