Re: Inheriting stroke properties from context

Hi Sairus,

On 27/07/2013 1:28 AM, Sairus Patel wrote:
> [was: Unified draft of SVG-in-OT]
>
> Hi Nikos, good catch, thanks.
>
> I was just expressing to Cameron offlist my hesitation about the user
> agent style sheet allowing the context's stroke properties (width,
> opacity, etc) to be used.
>
> All: just so I understand this correctly: can font designers design their
> SVG descriptions so that choose that strokes do *not* inherit the
> context's stroke properties?

Yes. The new context-* values are one of many options, the others being
non-contextual.
For alternative options to context-fill and context-stroke, see
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG2/painting.html#SpecifyingPaint

It looks like the SVG 2 spec doesn't currently spec context-value for
stroke-width, although it's mentioned in the unified draft.

Nikos

The information contained in this email message and any attachments may be confidential and may also be the subject to legal professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately advise the sender by return email and delete the information from your system.