Re: nav-index may move to CSS4 UI

On Wed, 19 Nov 2014 12:03:41 +0100, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Todays CSS WG agenda includes an item on removing nav-index property
> from CSS3-UI (moving it to level 4).
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Nov/0353.html
>

> I recall that this was in SVG and we moved it over to CSS to be more
> widely applicable.

SVG Tiny 1.2 didn't require 'nav-index', but did have a bunch of other
nav-* attributes.

See http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGTiny12/interact.html#specifyingnavigation

> Do we have an opinion on moving it to level 4?

 From an svg standpoint I have no objection to this.

> Is it implemented in SVG but not HTML, or implemented at all?

Opera(Presto) had support for 'nav-index' in css,
http://www.opera.com/docs/specs/presto2.10/css/basicuserinterface/.

The implementation of 'nav-index' was primarily for use in html I think,
but it probably works for any kind of stylable document, including svg
(untested though).

--
Erik Dahlstrom, Web Technology Developer, Opera Software
Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group