SVG 2 User Agent Implementation Guide

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 15:42:44 -0500
To: "SVG WG" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>, "SVG public list" <www-svg@w3.org>, "W3C WAI Protocols & Formats" <public-pfwg@w3.org>
Cc: "Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net(janina@rednote.net)" <janina@rednote.net>, cooper@w3.org, "Mark Sadecki" <mark@w3.org>

SVG and PF Working groups:

We are working to coordinate the development of at least 3 user agent
implementation guides in PF.

1. A core document mapping that covers most of ARIA for all host languages.
This is owned and maintained by PF.
2. An HTML 5.1 mapping document that covers specifically HTML5.1. This is a
joint effort between PF and HTML in the HTML accessibility task force. We
follow HTML's charter and their patent policy.
3. An SVG 2 mapping document that covers SVG2. We had asked (SVG working
group which I am also a member) that this be a joint effort between PF and
SVG in the form of a task force. Do people have a preference that we follow
PF's charter or SVGs's charter and ditto on the patent policy?

For me it is easier to follow PF's but either is fine. We do need PF
responsible for coordination as they are central to all 3 documents.

Cheers,

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger