Fwd: Re: SVG and Digital Publishing (Fwd: SVG2 <-> IDPF liaison)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: SVG and Digital Publishing (Fwd: SVG2 <-> IDPF liaison)
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 12:15:56 +0900
From: MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
CC: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>, FUJISAWA Jun
<fujisawa.jun@canon.co.jp>,  Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>

Cameron,

First, could you forward this mail to the SVG WG?  I
guess that I cannot.

I am happy to attend the SVG WG meeting and present
what IDPF AHL is doing about SVG.  AHL is trying to
extend EPUB for (1) navigation for comic or magazines
and (2) switching back and forth between magazine as
pages and magazine as HTML.  Since such extensions
require (possibly non-rectangular) regions, AHL is very
interested in SVG.

To reduce the time required in the SVG WG F2F,
AHL will first send a liaison report to SVG WG after
the AHL F2F meeting next week and explain more
background information.  Assuming that we will
have some e-mail correspondence, I guess that a
session would suffice.

Best,
Makoto (IDPF AHL Co-chair)

2013/4/13 Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>:
> I think having some AHL WG members come to meet the SVG WG on June 3 is a
> good idea, then.  Jun, do you know how much time would be appropriate for
> this?  Given that the SVG WG meeting is only for two days (excluding the
> joint meeting with CSS), I think we could afford to allocate a maximum of
> half a day.  But if a single session is enough time, even better.  Can you
> or Murata-san let us know?

Makoto