Re: removal of Media Type Registration chapter

On Thursday, May 17, 2012, 8:18:19 AM, Cameron wrote:

CM> Hi Chris,

CM> Since image/svg+xml is now actually registered, does this mean we can
CM> remove the appendix from SVG 2?  Or do we need to keep it and update it
CM> so that it can point to itself (i.e. SVG 2) rather than SVG 1.1?

Since we are keeping backwards compatibility (the existing registration works for SVG 1.0, 1.1, 1.2T) I think we can just remove it.

We would only need it if we were registering a new, SVG2-only type (which would be a very bad idea).

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG