Re: SVG 2 and its Mercurial repositories

On 3/08/11 8:04 PM, Jonathan Watt wrote:
> By "normal evolution" do you mean future evolution, or the past evolution?

I meant evolving from not existing to "complete" in some sense.

> Personally I was thinking we could add rational sections anywhere they
> may be useful for future WG discussion where WG members might ask "why
> was it done that way, and can we tweak that?", or useful for
> implementers. I'm sure no one is going to be going out of their way to
> systematically go through the existing text investigating and trying to
> add this stuff, but when "why did we do it that way?" questions come up
> in the WG, it would seem like a good idea to be able to throw a summary
> of what the old heads recall into a rational paragraph somewhere in the
> spec. Whatever part of the spec that relates to.

Sure.  Maybe we don't need to be too strict about the process here -- if
there is a documented decision, we can link to it and write a sentence
or two of rationale in one of these <div class=rationale> sections.