Re: agenda, 7 July 2011 SVG WG telcon

On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 19:07:48 +0200, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:

> CM>   - DTD files request:
> CM>
> CM>
> http://www.w3.org/mid/CALvn5ECQ8HqXdUcOK3yj5Qap=tZEJpnndWdqouN3EQsO+sD3Tw@mail.gmail.com
>
> There was some confusion as to whether the DTD had actually changed from
> 1.1 first edition to second edition. I thought it had not, but Erik
> thought there were some DTD errata. It would be good to have this
> clarified. We can be sure that the Rec links to the corect place and
> that Murata-san gets the right DTD, especially as he plans to make a
> Relax NG schema from this.

Well, we haven't published a flattened version of the DTD in date-space
AFAIK. "A dated version of the flattened DTD will always be available from
a URI to be announced." [1].

We didn't make any DTD changes from LC to PR or from first LC to second
LC, but we did do some DTD changes in the first LC draft. See the first LC
changes appendix[2], I just had a look at anything mentioning DTD and
there seems to be a few things that may have been actually changed (such
as [3]) and not just DTD bits moved around in the spec. Some errata items
also indicate changes to the DTD, such as [4] and [5]. The cvs changelog
also indicates a few relevant commits in the master directory (and later
on that directory was brought over to publish too[7]).

I think we could publish that flattened DTD file, perhaps with a date in
the URI as was done in the previous REC[8]? The file is publicly
available[9], but we don't link to it from anywhere in the PR spec AFAIK.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/svgdtd.html#Introduction
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-SVG11-20100622/changes.html
[3]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-SVG11-20100622/changes.html#ClipMaskChapter