Re: using WOFF versions of FreeSans in addition to SVGFreeSans

On Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 3:35:40 PM, Chris wrote:

CL> On Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 4:45:23 AM, Cameron wrote:

CM>> Would anyone object if I added a WOFF fallback for SVGFreeSans (and all
CM>> its variations) to the test suite?  This can let browsers that support
CM>> WOFF but not SVG Fonts, like Firefox, get rendering that is more
CM>> consistent with the test slide.

CL> Sure, as long as its added as an alternate and not a replacement.

CL> As this starts off as an Open Type font not an SVG font, it can
CL> be easily made with sfnt2woff and also include the relevant license text.

CL> I can do that, I can also explain how to do it if you would rather, Cam.

I have checked in an xml license file for Freesans (actually for the whole GNU FreeFont set) at
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/resources/gnufreefonts.xml
Note the important exclusion in the license (the SVG test suite is not covered by GPL just because it uses this font).

and have checked in all four faces of the FreeSans family (sans, SansOblique, SansBold, SansBoldOblique) in the svg/woffs directory. These include the above license file as woff metadata.

I will do the same for Serif and Mono, but the call is about to start.

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG