RE: Full 1.1 Test Suite Status Updated

Hi Patrick,

	For the tests:

>Still includes SVG fonts which is not germane to the test : Request, remove SVG Font or replace with WOFF (perhaps Chris is just still updating, or perhaps I missed a few from before)
>render-elems-06-t.svg
>render-elems-07-t.svg
>render-elems-08-t.svg
>render-groups-03-t.svg
><snip/>
>These should be using WOFF, not OpenType, and the font doesn't exist text-fonts-202-t.svg text-fonts-203-t.svg
><snip/>

The '-t' on the end of these tests indicates that it is targeted
at SVG Tiny profile UAs of which there are close to a billion units
shipped out in the field already.

WOFF is not an option for these tests. They are aimed at SVG user agents,
not compound document handling web browsers disguised as universal application
platforms facilitating operating system redundancy:-).

WOFF is a _Working Draft_ last published on 27th July 2010. It is a long
way from Recommendation status and as such, completely unsuitable for being
referenced in any test for features in a W3C Recommendation.

I know from your point of view the request seems advantageous for convenience,
but it is incompatible with the process, and effectively breaks all the
Tiny implementations being shipped today.

If there is to be a font change, it should be removal of all text display
in the test or fallback to a system font, not WOFF.

Also, why are you mailing 'www-svg' with these comments? This is a working
group issue and involves the W3C process and working group and should
have been mailed to <public-svg-wg@w3.org>. Anthony originally mailed
www-svg as an update to the community, development work by the group
and its associated email threads does not belong there. Interested
parties can always read the public WG list and then email here with
outrage at the stupid decisions the group is making;-)

Alex