Re: ISSUE-2344: Update references section [SVG 1.1 F2 Last Call]

On Monday, July 12, 2010, 5:54:20 PM, Leonard wrote:

LR> On the ICC spec - the ICC and the ISO versions are technically
LR> equivalent but the ISO version uses correct/proper ISO terminology
LR> and is thus a better normative reference.  It's similar to the way
LR> PDF 1.7 vs. ISO 32000-1 relate.  So there is nothing wrong with
LR> using the ICC version but the ICC recommends the ISO version.

OK, thanks.

LR> And I'll forgo the entire "it's not good if it's not free" discussion :).

Its not whether its 'good' but whether its readilly implementable. Freely downloadable specifications make it more likely that implementors have actually read the specification.

LR> ISSUE-2344
LR> ACTION-2821

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead