Fwd: Re: Agenda conf call 03-mar-2010

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 16:10:47 +0100
To: "public-svg-wg@w3.org" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
This is a forwarded message
From: Leif Arne Storset <lstorset@opera.com>
To: "w3c-css-wg@w3.org" <w3c-css-wg@w3.org>
Date: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 2:48:26 PM
Subject: Agenda conf call 03-mar-2010

I would like to additionally request that everybody read my follow-up on
image-fit and image-position. [1] It contains a compromise proposal I
believe would be acceptable to all.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Mar/0028.html

--
Leif Arne Storset
Core Technology Developer, Opera Software

HÃ¥kon summarised this proposal as:

  'image-fit: fill' to impose filling for all media

  'image-fit: auto' to establish the content box and leave it to the
  media to determine exact filling

would that be suitable for SVG? I'm uncomfortable with leaving rendering un(der)defined, but more comfortable with that than specifying something unworkable which breaks current content and would be confusing when applied to SVG or mixed HTML/SVG.

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead